If you’re a busy nursing student who wants to prepare for exams without it completely taking over your life, then you already know that you need to change the way you study.
You've worked so hard to get where you are and you're dedicated to doing your absolute best. But, nursing school may be tougher than you thought it would be, the time commitment may be more than what you expected, and you probably feel like you're constantly sitting at your desk. If that sounds like you, then you're in the right place, my friend!
With Study Sesh you will have...
An engaging way to study that frees you from your deskImagine what other things you could do while still achieving your academic goals.
The benefit of combining movement with learningStudies show that for some students, combining movement with learning can be highly beneficial, especially for those with ADHD.
The freedom to put attention toward other areas of your lifeFinally, the laundry will get done, the meals will get prepped and the dog will even get a walk. All without sacrificing a precious minute of your study time.
A way to use auditory learning to the maxEffective auditory learning is more than just listening. It involves thinking, analyzing and even responding. We do all these things together in Study Sesh.
"I thought I loved the regular Straight A Nursing podcast, but this one is on a whole other level. Combined they provide excellent study material, and I feel like I’ve struck audio learning gold!"
KARA ROMERO, NURSING STUDENT
Just want to say a big thank you! I am in my second semester of nursing school. I use Study Sesh all the time and I definitely see an improvement in how quickly I can learn the material.
- Julia Kay, Nursing Student
It forces me to use my recall of information and critical thinking without the option of choosing from four answers. The drills are brilliant, again forcing me to fully grasp the pathway.
- Amy Goei, Nursing Student
The audio flashcards are a total game changer! It's like having a two-way conversation with Nurse Mo on topics I need to review at my disposal to listen to over and over again. I am hooked!
- Stephanie Bowen, Nursing Student
What’s Inside Study Sesh?
With 143 episodes, the topics covered in Study Sesh will help you succeed in your Med Surg, Fundamentals and Pediatrics courses.
Study Sesh features four engaging formats to keep you on top of your game!
- PodQuizzes - Doing a PodQuiz is like doing flashcards for your ears. In these sessions, Nurse Mo will ask a question, give you time to answer, and then tell you the answer so you can check your understanding. (106 sessions)
- Power Hour - More complex subjects need a more thorough explanation, which is exactly what you get in Power Hour sessions. (3 sessions)
- Drills - When you need to learn something forward, backward, upside down and sideways...then it's time for a drill! Drills utilize repetition, quizzing and out-of-sequence recall to get that hard-to-remember information into your long-term memory where it belongs. (14 sessions)
- Case Studies - Learning how to think like a nurse can be challenging, but case studies really bring disease conditions to life. In these sessions, a patient scenario unfolds with all the unexpected twists and turns that actually do happen at the bedside. (2 sessions, with more planned)
How Does Study Sesh Work?
When you enroll, you will be given instant access to Study Sesh with a unique URL that you simply add to your podcast player.
- Podcast - You will receive a unique URL that you paste into Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts. Study Sesh will then appear in your podcast library. Easy!
- Study Sesh Accessories - You will also be given access to Study Sesh accessory files, which include 11 downloadable study guides for key lessons.
- One Payment - Study Sesh is not a subscription. You only make one low payment, and you have full access that does not expire.
- Updates and Additions - As a member of Study Sesh, you'll automatically get access to any updates or future additions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What have other students asked before enrolling in Study Sesh?
What podcast players work with Study Sesh?
Can I try Study Sesh before I commit?
What subjects are currently in Study Sesh?
What is your refund policy for Study Sesh?
Is this a subscription with recurring payments?
Can I share my access with a friend?
Are there any downloadable study guides with Study Sesh?
I'm Nurse Mo and I can't wait to be your study buddy!
I created Study Sesh because of the life-changing affect that audio quizzing had on me when I was a nursing student.
Suddenly I wasn't chained to my desk...I could move around, go for walks, do the grocery shopping and even prep healthy meals. I was FREE!
I know how hard you're working because I've been exactly where you are right now. Believe it or not, you can get your life back during nursing school. And it starts with Study Sesh. I hope to see you there!