Most nursing school lectures try to cover way too much material, which leaves most students feeling lost and overwhelmed.
But, the good news is...there is a solution! After years of teaching nursing students through the Straight A Nursing podcast, I've developed concise and highly effective teaching methods so you can learn what you need to know in much less time.LEARN MORE ABOUT MED SURG SOLUTION
I'm so glad you asked! Here's how MSS can help you thrive in your Med Surg class (and on NCLEX!)
We get right to the point - The lessons in Med Surg Solution skip all the fluff and get right to the key things you need to know to feel confident in clinical and exams.
- The study guides are ready to go - Comprehensive study guides accompany most lessons, with many utilizing fill-in-the-blank, critical thinking questions, and matching exercises to make sure you grasp the most important concepts.
- A resource you can trust - You could spend your precious study time hunting things down all across the internet, but who has time for that? Instead, learn from an experienced nurse with a master's degree in nursing education who's helped thousands of students thrive in nursing school.
- It's like having a nursing school BFF - Chances are, you've already gotten to know me on the Straight A Nursing podcast. When you enroll in MSS, you've got a nursing school BFF who explains things in an easy-to-understand way.
- Foundations - 24-hour time, asepsis, lab value interpretation, IV therapy, and manual BP
- Neuro - Stroke, seizures, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Disease
- Respiratory - Oxygenation, oxygen delivery, COPD, pneumonia, TB, pneumo/hemo, pulmonary embolism, acute respiratory failure, ARDS
- Cardiovascular - Perfusion, BP regulation, HTN, PAD vs CVI, DVT, CAD/ACS/MI, heart failure, rheumatic heart disease
- Gastrointestinal - Appendicitis, IBD & IBS, ostomies, PUD vs GERD, pancreatitis, GI bleeds, cholecystitis
- Renal - Renal disorders, renal failure, dialysis, renal transplant
- Integumentary - Pressure injury, cellulitis, burns
- Endocrine - Diabetes, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, SIADH/DI, adrenal hormones, cortisol insufficiency, hypercortisolism, Conn's, pheochromocytoma
- Immunity - Foundations of immunity, immunity defenses, HIV/AIDS, cancer, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis
- Multi System - ABG analysis, sepsis, and shock
Here's what our students say:
"Wonderful overview of so many meds & med considerations! I wish I'd had this type of overview in earlier semesters instead of the jumble of information our professors threw at us in an unorganized way." - Kendra
"I would recommend this program to any pre-nursing student or nursing student that is struggling." - Grace
"The video gave a great breakdown of individual components. The case studies at the end really tie it all together." - Nicole
"When I need to refresh on a topic, this program has been a lifesaver." - Leah
I'm Nurse Mo
Chance are, we've met on the Straight A Nursing podcast, but if we haven't...I am SO EXCITED to meet you!
A little about me...I'm a nurse, an educator, a podcaster, a cat mom and lover of good wine and coffee ice cream.
I was also once a nursing student, too. And, just like you, I wish I'd had a mentor to guide me along the way. I'm not going to lie, there were times when it was really tough.
I created Med Surg Solution to be that person for you...so that you could take some of the struggle out of nursing school, focus on the joy of becoming a nurse, and feel a lot less stress in the process! 💕